With winter headed our way ashy skin is not the only thing we have to worry about. Having a skin regime that keeps you looking “fresh “should be a primary concern. Being mindful of this recession, any self maintenance that does not require breaking the bank gets a star on my list and Body Brushing is IT.
Dry Body Brushing is an age old skin care technique that has been around for centuries . Skin brushing opens pores, stimulates sweat glands and increases blood circulation. Also it encourages the body to release waste material, while also getting rid of dead skin cells and dirt. It is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to detox at home. You can do it every day or just a few times a week and reap the benefits! The dead skin comes off revealing newer, younger looking skin. For best results, follow with a hot shower to open the pores allowing the toxins to come out and dead skin to be washed away.
Benefits: I have experienced
• Removes dead skin layer
• Tightens skin
• Helps in digestion
• Stimulates circulation
• Removes cellulite
• Increases cell renewal
• Cleans lymphatic system
• Improves exchange between cells
• Tones muscles
1. You must use a natural bristle or natural hair brush when doing body brushing. Synthetic bristles are too abrasive on the skin .
2. Do not brush your nipples, chest, or face.
3. Always brush skin when it is dry
4. Moisturize skin after bathing
5. Start on the right side of your body and brush toward your heart ( preferably 3 strokes at a time) .
*You Will Need
A natural bristle dry skin brush with a long handle