With summer in high gear it’s time take the necessary measures to maintain a fresh face. As a makeup lover and enthusiast I cringed at the idea of having to change my ever-faithful regimen. However after witnessing my makeup melt during my morning commute I knew something had to give. After much trials and tribulations here are the 5 tips that have worked wonders for me.
- Use a Oil free Mattifying Moisturizer with SPF – the oil absorbing properties of the Mattifier make this product ever so essential in the blazing summer heat (especially recommended for those with oily skin). * I love the seaweed Matifying Moisturizer from The Body Shop.
- Translucent Powder helps control shine and help sets makeup making it a definite summer staple.
- Misting your face (I use Rose Water) also helps to set your makeup and keep it in place.
- Waterproof makeup specifically eyeliner and mascara helps prevent smudging.
- Don’t forget your primer! Primer helps to create barrier between your skin and you makeup thereby helping your makeup to stay put. Currently my go to brands at the moment are L’Oreal and Revlon (yes I am a Drug Store Diva)
* Consider using oil-blotting sheets as they help absorb excess moisture without smudging your makeup. I use some from elf cosmetics they cost just a buck and work wonders.
** Bonus Tip Less is more consider making your own tinted moisturizer similar to the one pictured below for coverage that is effective and light. (Maybe I should have changed the title to 7 tips lol)
Photo Credit : Courtesy of The Mop Top Maven
If you have any tips feel free to comment below I would appreciate it!