Photographer: Monika Fidler
Bold and edgy would be the best way to describe my choice of attire last Sunday. Since my day was jammed packed with errands and would end with drinks with a friend at Harlem’s Orange 67. I chose to wear something that would transition seamlessly throughout the day. I love looks that transition well because I am constantly on the go and don’t always have time to go home and change. Since this marks my very first outfit of the day post (ofotd), I thought I would take the personal approach and shoot it in my apartment (conveniently enough it was freezing outside). All in all, I love the way the look turned out and sequins remain a staple in my closet.
Vintage Sequin Blouse – BBVC (BlackBoxVintageCollective)
Leather Pants – Ali Express (Haoduoyi)
Vintage Leather Lace Up Boots
Transitioning from spring to summer has always been my time to review my arsenal and decided what stays and what goes and although there were many causalities this go round, rose water has remained an essential component in my beauty regime.
What is Rose Water – Rose water is the leftover liquid when rose petals and water are distilled together.
Why I love it:
1. It has exceptional stimulating properties and therefore, it can be used as a home remedy for stimulating hair growth.
2. It has natural moisturizing and nourishing properties that helps maintain the PH balance of Hair and Skin.
3. It imparts a delicate and lingering fragrance, thus leaving you feeling rejuvenated and refreshed .
4. It’s cheap, it works, and its multifaceted (all equally important).
How do I use it:
1. I use it as a hydrating mist to set my makeup.(gives you a dewy look love it!!)
2. I spray it on my hair to refresh my hairstyle or use it as a base in my homemade leave in conditioner (I may share that recipe later ;).
3. I use it as a perfume. It leaves me smelling natural and very feminine
4. I also use it as a rinse after using protein based deep conditioner (gives my hair a moisture boost – you know protein based conditioners are drying)